in harmony WITH NATURE AND ENVIRONMENT
Environmental protection is more than just a catchphrase
For us, environmental protection is a matter of course, an obligation and a challenge. It is a central element to our corporate philosophy. It is an important part of our corporate responsibility and it has been a top priority throughout all business processes since our company was founded in 1972.
Committed to the location
Our company’s special location on the edge of the ‘Naturpark Nordeifel’ wildlife park, in the middle of a historic cultural and natural landscape, makes us even more committed to environmental protection at the highest level.
Committed to the future
Conserving natural resources such as raw materials, energy, water, air and soil, as well as constantly reducing our environmental impact, is our way of life – and part of our active responsibility towards future generations.
Committed to continuous improvement
In order to continuously improve our environmental performance and to meet future requirements, we regularly record the impact of our production processes on the environment, assess the risks, identify and set targets for potential areas for improvement and develop innovative solutions.
Schwermetall Halbzeugwerk GmbH & Co. KG was one of the first companies in Europe to join the voluntary EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) in 1995. This certified environmental management system is checked at regular intervals by an external body for compliance with the relevant regulations.
It documents in accordance with EMAS regulations that it is
- doing more than required to protect the environment – with the active support of all employees
- undergoing regular checks by independent and state-approved environmental auditors
- constantly working on improving its activities, products and services
- openly disclosing information about its work in the EMAS environmental statement and actively seeking dialogue with the public.
Certified according to ISO 14001
In 2004, our company was for the first time certified according to ISO 14001 – the global standard for environmental management systems. This certification documents
- our voluntary commitment to an active environmental management system and its successful implementation
- our voluntary commitment to continuously improving our environmental performance
- our strict observance of, compliance with and implementation of current environmental laws, requirements or guidelines
- our credibility and reliability when it comes to our dedication to environmental protection.
Our certified environmental management system is checked at regular intervals by an external body for compliance with the relevant regulations.
Our annual environmental statements provide comprehensive information on all aspects of our environmental protection work. They also contain facts and figures on our environmental performance as well as detailed descriptions of individual projects and the latest developments in our environmental protection programme.
We’d be happy to send you a copy of our current environmental statement.
Should you have any questions concerning Schwermetall and the environment, please do not hesitate to ask: